The DC Grays are recruiting an energetic team of college students who are fans of baseball! We are currently taking applications for 2019 summer interns. Internships include: Journalism Intern, Communications/Social Media Intern, and Operations Intern.
Grays’ interns are an integral part of our operations during the season (June and July). You will gain excellent knowledge and experience that will help advance your work skills. It’s also a great way to grow your personal and professional networks.
If you are interested in being considered for one of our internships, please email a resume and cover letter to our General Manager (Antonio Scott) at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
General Responsibilities for all Interns
- Must be reliable, self-motivated and able to work ALL home games at the Nationals Youth Baseball Academy (20 games). In addition we will schedule 5-10 away games that you will need to attend as well.
- Assist with plaza area and field set up and break down after home games
- Must assist with the operation/administration of at least two of our youth baseball clinics
- Assist with in-game promotions, contest, and giveaways
- Must have great customer service skills
- Must report directly to our team President, VP of Operations, and General Manager
Sports Writer/Journalism Intern
This position is best suited for a journalism major, particularly with a concentration in sports journalism. Responsibilities include:
- Writing and submitting “Game Recaps” for every game (40) and playoff games (if applicable), He/She will be required to attend all home games (20) but not required to attend all away games which would be ideal
- Assist with in-game photography
- Conduct/Assist with post-game interviews for game recaps and YouTube channel
Communications/Social Media Intern
This position is best suited for a communication or sports management major. Responsibilities include:
- Assist with daily web site postings and updates
- Assist with all daily social media post and content development
- Assist in development of team marketing and promotions materials
- Formatting and publishing insert pages for home game programs
This position is best suited for a communication, business, or sports management major. Responsibilities include:
- Assist the VP of Operations and General Manager with game day preparations
- Assist with Press Box operations during home games (including score board operations and play by play stats)
- Manage our “Fan Tent” and all materials that are a part of our merchandise items