To all of our wonderful fans, sponsors, host families and volunteers..
The DC Grays want to thank you all for a terrific 2015 season. It was the best season ever for DC Grays Baseball – both on the field and in the community!
Here is what we accomplished together in 2015:
· Made the playoffs for the first time in 4 years
· Brought in players from several new schools (including Texas Tech, Memphis, ODU, and the University of San Francisco)
· Organized and ran six free baseball clinics, coached by DC Grays players and staff
· Hosted ten different local youth and community groups at our homes games
· Hosted an “East of the River Community Day”
· Saluted DC Little Leagues and other “Partners in Progress” for inner-city baseball
· Increased attendance at home games by more than 50%
· Operated a radio and video podcast of all home games (over 200 listeners per game)
· Hosted second annual “Cigars and Curveballs” fundraiser
· Organized a Capitol Hill reception for our players, hosted by Amway
· Had our first DC Grays alum sign a professional contract
· Added post-game YouTube videos of players and coaches
· Added at least a dozen new sponsors
· Hosted a “Salute to the Negro Leagues” day in conjunction with the Simmons Negro League Museum.
Thank you to everyone who made this terrific season possible. We look forward to building on this success for an even better 2016.
See you at the ballpark next year!
The Board of Directors of DC Grays Baseball